I have always enjoyed sharing my experience with my WideBinary readers and always try to recommend the best tools to build and market their business. This time it’s about the best WordPress SEO plugins. If you have a WordPress website and want to optimize your site for search engines then these are the plugins that can help you to achieve your goal.
These plugins are the most popular and widely used plugins by WordPress site owners. I have tried most of these plugins on my sites and I always get positive results for SEO.
Why use a WordPress SEO plugin?
WordPress is one of the most user-friendly content management systems (CMS) used to host blogs, small business sites, and eCommerce. When you create pages and posts on your site, the titles become too long with the site name, tagline and not properly optimized. Also, there is no way to use Meta descriptions, Meta keywords for each individual page or post. These can be very problematic if you want to do SEO optimization on your site. But, it can be solved by using a plugin that lets you do everything like optimizing site titles, using Meta descriptions and keywords, and many other things.
Best SEO Plugins for WordPress
Here I have picked the top 3 best SEO plugins to optimize your WordPress site for search engines.
1. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO plugin is the no. 1 WordPress SEO plugins to get more visitors from search engines like Google and Bing. Currently, it has more than 5M active installations on WordPress sites. Whether you are a blogger, news channel, or eCommerce store owner, Yoast SEO is for everyone. It provides step-by-step tutorials to optimize your site within just a click. This means you can do your own SEO without hiring an expert.
- Support both Block Editor and Classic Editor.
- Readability checks function to calculate Flesch Reading Ease score.
- Focus keyword setup and keyword optimization suggestion.
- Canonical URL to avoid duplicate content.
- Schema.org for better indexing and rich results in search engines.
- Get a preview of your content on Goole and other social platforms.
- Notification for outdated content.
- Breadcrumbs customization.
- Mark links with rel nofollow and sponsored tag.
- Easy correction for permalinks, robots.txt, sitemaps, and .htaccess file.
- Internal linking suggestion to other pages and linking blocks to improve site structure
- Redirection feature to redirect old URL to the new one and avoid 404 error.
- Use Zapier tool to share content in 2000+ places.
- Multi-language support.
- 24/7 technical support by Yoast team of professionals.
2. Rank Math SEO
Rank Math is a popular search engine optimization plugin for WordPress that anyone can use to optimize their site content for search engines. It is one of the best SEO plugins recommended by top companies and search engine optimization experts.
Rank Math helps you to easily customize important SEO settings and control what pages you don’t want to get indexed on search engines. Let’s see the important features of the Rank Math SEO plugin.
- Step by step installation and configuration wizard.
- Simple and user-friendly interface with advanced snippets preview.
- Built-in SEO module that represents valuable information from Google Search Console.
- Google Analytics integration to check status directly from your WordPress dashboard.
- Track your keywords position on search engines with Rank Tracker.
- Keep eye on your website performance over the last week or month and know each keyword your post is ranking for.
- Provide structured data to search engines with advanced schema generators.
- Import ready-made schema from other websites and check schema markup data with Google’s Rich Results validation tool right from your site admin dashboard.
- Automatic image SEO with ALT tags and title attributes.
- Automatic Local SEO optimization.
- Boost WooCommerce SEO performance to increase your store and product ranking in search engines.
- SEO-friendly writing with Focus Keyword, Content Analysis, SEO Analysis, Bulk Edits, Winning/Losing Post & Keyword, and more.
- Automatic Open Graph supports social media thumbnail images and more.
- One-click verification of your site with Google, Bing, Alexa, Yandex, and Pinterest.
- SEO Optimize Posts, Pages, Author Page, Archive, Tags individually.
- Do more with Redirection Manager, .htaccess editor, robot’s.txt editor, and RSS optimization.
- Detailed documentation and 24×7 Support.
3. All in One SEO
All in One SEO is the best WordPress SEO plugin and toolkit used by more than 2M+ professionals to improve their website ranking.
It is an easy-to-use but powerful SEO plugin with some of the advanced features like Google News Sitemap, Video Sitemap, and Rich Snippets Schema.
- SEO custom user role to manage access to important SEO features.
- Submit news articles to Google News Sitemaps.
- Local SEO tool to rank higher on Google Maps.
- Rich Snippets Schema to get more clicks and traffic.
- RSS content customization.
- Smart XML Sitemaps to inform search engines about new updates.
- Easy Social Media integration to show post thumbnails on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more.
- TruSEO on page analysis tool to use the title, Meta descriptions, and keywords.
- Advanced WooCommerce SEO to optimize store and product pages.
- Robots.txt Editor to control information for web crawlers.
- Get actionable insights from the SEO Audit Checklist.
WordPress SEO plugins have been the most essential thing for WordPress site owners to improve their site for search engines. If you wanted to be ahead of your competitors, then you should use one of these plugins. Choose your suitable one and boost your site ranking on search engines and explore more improvement ideas.